JACK THOMPSON Live At The Lighthouse
This album was recorded on August 15 2011 on a balmy, tropical Darwin night at the Lighthouse open-air venue and was a magical night under the stars. Jack Thompson was reading his favourite poems in a one-night only show at the Darwin Festival. The Darwin Festival is an annual multi-arts festival that is internationally recognised for its quality and diversity of events, and which Fine Poets was thrilled to be involved in for the first time.
Under the stars, The Lighthouse, Darwin Festival
This multitrack recording was the proud work of an award winning local sound recordist, Robert Smith, who has 25 years industry experience. It was mixed and edited by Liam Egan who has worked on many films including: Samson & Delilah; Hey Hey It’s Esther Blueburger; Superman Returns and Babe.
These are the tracks you will find on JACK THOMPSON Live at the Lighthouse:
1. The Integrated Adjective by John O’Grady
2. The Man From Ironbark by A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
3. Ballad of the Drover by Henry Lawson
4. The Road Less Travelled by Robert Frost
5. The Play by C.J. Dennis
6. Doreen by C.J. Dennis
7. The Geebung Polo Club by A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
8. Said Hanrahan by John O’Brien
9. After All by Henry Lawson
10. If by Rudyard Kipling
11. I Strove For None by Walter Savage Landor
12. The Man From Snowy River by A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
13. Clancy of the Overflow by A.B. (Banjo) Paterson
The lyrics for some of the poems can be found in Fine Poets FOR TEACHERS page (add link click here).
Juliette van Heyst